*This post may contain affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product after clicking on a link, My Magic Tour may receive a portion of the sale.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge Refurbishments
All Disney Resort hotels are now open, with a number of health and safety measures in place. Some amenities and experiences have been modified or may be unavailable.
Face coverings are optional for Guests in both outdoor and indoor locations, as well as Disney transportation. It is recommended Guests who are not fully vaccinated continue wearing face coverings in all indoor locations, including indoor attractions and theaters, and on enclosed transportation.
Some imagery shown does not represent current operational and safety guidelines. Visitors should be aware of and comply with government guidelines regarding travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines before visiting our destination.
The following resort amenities are unavailable at this time:
- Dine with an Animal Specialist – Temporarily Unavailable
- Zahanati Massage & Fitness Center – Fitness centers are open, but spa and salon services are temporarily unavailable
- In-room celebrations – Temporarily Unavailable
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge Amenities
General Resort Info:
- Check-in/Check-out – 3:00 p.m./11:00 a.m.
- 1,293 Guest Rooms
- Free Wi-Fi
- Accessible rooms available
- Non-smoking establishment
- Building offers elevators and interior corridors
Dining at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge:
- Jiko – The Cooking Place, full service restaurant
- Boma – Flavors of Africa, all-you-can-eat buffet for breakfast and dinner
- The Mara, quick-service restaurant
- Cape Town Lounge and Wine Bar, bar and lounge
- Victoria Falls Lounge, bar and lounge
- Uzima Springs Pool Bar, poolside bar
- Sanaa, full-service restaurant (located in Kidani Village)
- Sanaa Lounge, bar and lounge (located in Kidani Village)
- Maji Pool Bar, poolside bar (located in Kidani Village)
- Dine with an Animal Specialist, special 4-course lunch with an animal expert at Sanaa
Recreation at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge:
- Uzima Pool with zero-depth entry and 67-ft.-long water slide
- Children’s pool
- 2 whirlpool spas
- Children’s playground
- Fitness center
- Jambo House campfire activities
- Movies Under the Stars
- Painting classes
- Disney Theme Parks
- Disney Water Parks
- Disney Springs™
- Official Walt Disney World® Hotels (requires one transfer at a Disney Theme Park)
- Zahanati Massage & Fitness Center
- Mail services
- Merchandise location (gifts, sundries)
- Self service laundry facilities
- Valet laundry service
- Locker rentals available near the Uzima pool for $1 per use
- Hotel charges $25 per night (sales tax included) for overnight self-parking
- Hotel charges $33 per night (sales tax included) for valet parking
Staying on-site at an Official Walt Disney World® Hotel gives you several great complimentary benefits, including free transportation and more.
The Frog Family absolutely loves staying on-site not just for the fun themes and Disney atmosphere of the hotels, but also for the convenient amenities. Some of the other complimentary benefits include:
- Convenient Proximity – You can easily go back to your hotel from the parks if you need a break or want to relax at the pool. It’s just as easy to head back to the parks after relaxing at your hotel for a couple of hours.
- Free Park Transportation – Depending on which Official Walt Disney World® Hotel you stay at, you’ll have access to the Skyliner, Monorail, water launch and/or bus transportation. Many of the Official Walt Disney World® Hotels are also within walking distance to the parks and other resorts.
- Free Wi-Fi – When staying on-site, you’ll have access to complimentary wi-fi, available in your room and select public areas, such as the pools, arcades, restaurants, and more.
- Merchandise Delivery and Pickup – Merchandise delivery is available for purchases made in-store at select Walt Disney World® shops and through the Shop Disney Parks mobile app (for in-stock merchandise).
Mobility Features for Guests with Mobility Disabilities:
- Wheelchair-Accessible Route in Room
- Grab Bars at Toilet and in Shower
Optional Communication Features for Guests with Hearing Disabilities Include:
- Visual Alarm
- Visual Door Knock/Doorbell Alert
- Visual Telephone Call Alert
- Telephone with Volume Control
- Electrical Outlet Near Telephone Jack
- TTY Available Upon Request at Check-In
These features are guaranteed and do not require an extra charge